Meeting Minutes – November 7, 2013

Meeting Minutes

1. Late Night Lunik
– partner with other groups (e.g. History night, Cafe Chantant)
– we get licence, they bring people
– live music(Caroline)
– volunteers stay until six, coordinators as bartenders
– min. 1 coordinator with SmartServe present when someone without SmartServe is bartending for the first time
– next date: November 19th (Naz to get licence)

2. Final Pay Record S1
– fill in document by end of weekend up until now

3. Liquor Permits/ Special Occasion Permits
– ask Kaela about proof of non-profit status (could get Public Special Occasion Permit) (Naz)
– can keep getting Private Special Occasion Permits (can advertise, social media, but not publicly)

4. Ticketing for Halloween Harvest Dinner
– got signatures, have stubs and $$ in separate envelope
– write policy for SCLD (Brynn) on Event Procedures
– make spreadsheet to record totals for events (Meghan)

5. Speakeasy Event
– groups charging cover for event? case by case?
– ending times for events? 11 pm unless coordinator or board member present at event
– advertising? Lunik approval? send PDF of poster to Lunik email before posting
– Vicky: send email about specific concerns: cover, liquor, Thursday, time, posters, title, perception as pub night – see response

6. Clothing Swap
– try to bring clothing before the day of – one ticket per item of clothing
– Wed-Thurs (Nov 13-14) – 12-7
– if no clothing, pay $2.50/item or donate time to Lunik/LMAG (1/2 hr per item)
– leftover clothing donated to fashion show where people make clothing – half there and half to women’s centre/clothing donation bin
– bring 3 red tables in – do another coat on two outdoor tables (Naz and Brynn)

7. Anti O training dates
– Naz put dates in conversation
– $900 total ($225 per session)
– partner with other groups
– send email out to other groups (Brynn)
– Caroline and Vicky promote to volunteers
– Naz send blurb about Oppression Awareness

8. GWTC and Ekklesia Scheduling Conflict
– resolved

9. Weekly Meetings
– table

10. Womyn’s Nite
– does anyone else want to take it on? Think about it!

11. Tablet computers
– table

12. Bookkeeping
– We have bookkeeper can start!!
– invoices should be organized by end of this weekend
– needs to get trained, concerned about new process – can do training $75 (one hour) with woman who works for bookkeeping services
– need computer for bookkeeping software – look for open source version
– follow up with ITS about computer (Brynn)
– will meet next Friday (Naz, Meghan, Brynn, Ro)

13. Milk
– no order this week – can’t do under $200 (under $400 = $20 delivery charge)
– Jocelyne bought milk
– Shoppers is what we need
– Look at what you want in catalogue – make note by Tuesday!

14. Pay

Next meeting: Saturday, November 16th at 6:00 pm at CSI Coffee Pub

Chair: Brynn
Secretary: Naz

Meeting Minutes – October 25, 2013

Meeting Minutes

Attending: Brynn, Jocelyn, Vicky, Caroline

Check-ins

Status of facilities in Lunik
– just fixed the last pipe, need Monday to put in new floor.
– so closed for all next week
– Task: Vicky will call LCBO to see if liquor licence date change possible
– Brynn asked about insurance: covered on expenses over $5000
– liability insurance?
– aim to open Monday November 4th, after co-curricular days
– Task: Caroline will post updates about opening and such, pictures, etc.
– Task: Vicky will ask Aaron about selling food in the Breezeway, 12-5 Monday and Tuesday

Rescheduling Harvest dinner
– Thursday? Conflict with Pub Nights
– Task: Caroline will update facebook with date change
– Task: Someone will make Facebook event
– Decided: Thursday November 7
– selling tickets in Breezeway while selling food
– Task: Jocelyn will make new tickets

First Late night Lunik
– Tuesday after co-curricular
– Caroline will borrow car to pick up alcohol and bring to Lunik. Vicky probably needs to come because her name on licence. Will try for Sunday beforehand.
– who is in charge of this, Vicky or Naz? Brynn says probably Naz because Vicky is more external events
– what to do with extras? Can’t keep it at Lunik, can you return them? Ask Naz.
– Task: Vicky will ask Naz about numbers, products, what to do with extras
– Task: Caroline will promote on Facebook

Silk Screening
– Brynn talked to Gilles, he says it is totally fine to use dark room in basement.
– look at dates so Brynn can clear it with Gilles in writing
– Task: Brynn will contact Xavier, how long he needs space, can we do a “Lunikifying” event, when is he available?

Lunik during Co-curricular
– will be closed but working on setting space up to reopen after break

Consensus and Anti-O
– shift to next meeting

Next Meeting
– Megan will chair and Brynn act as secretary
– decide date over facebook, first week of November

Meeting Minutes – September 13, 2013

Meeting Minutes

Present: Jocelyne, Brynn, Meghan, Vicky, Naz, Pavan
Sept 13, 2013, 3:30

1. Check-Ins (5 min)

2. Tasks Update (10 min) -Questions on policies bylaws etc?
– Meghan– Met with auditor, did bio
-Brynn– read policies, did bio, didn’t talk to IT yet because Giles was on vacation didn’t send email about board meeting yet.
-Caroline: Wondering about council, clarification about constitution and by-laws, did website stuff, did bio stuff, created email tags, social media stuff, active with GCSU and Radio Glendon,
– Vicky: Volunteer manual, how the coffee machine works
-Jocelyne: Talked to Natalia, worked on the garden, forgot to read policies and procedures
-Naz: Got lock for fridge, looked into finding divider for the kitchen, talked to UNICEF, got promo stuff, maintenance stuff, got the saris fixed, did little things around the space

3. Group Use Policy Update (5 min)
-Discuss policy or keep current one?
Come into the space at 5:30/6:00 set up but don’t let the event itself start until 7pm. Unless they don’t need a microphone
Meghan– Girl who asked about personal booking. Last year we were approached to do a birthday party– response was no based on the fact that it wasn’t contributing to the community as per policy. Answer is no.
UNICEF– Vicky to email them to confirm details. If UNICEF wants to book in the future, we will have to specify the group use policy and that is has been just decided.

4. Oppression Awareness Training and consensus training – Naz (5 min)
-3 hour workshop. We were sent questions to answer.
What does the organization hope to accomplish with this workshop? Abstract to concrete
This year the fee is $300 (up from $100 last year). Maybe we can negotiate  $150/session.
-training opens our minds to what oppression really is.
-Caroline suggests splitting the cost with another organization within Glendon (excellent idea!)
-All volunteers must attend anti-O training (mandatory or only marked as such to get the majority of volunteers trained)
Available the weekend of the 23rd. Needs a 3-hr timeslot.
Friday 27th– 1/2hr meeting and replace meeting with training.
Are we interested in consensus training?
-we’ll ask Naz’s roommate Thom about consensus training for free.

5. Policy on Work Vs. Volunteer Work (15 min)
brainstorming session:
Vicky– solicited vs unsolicited work?
-Volunteers have expectations and know that they’re going into the position as a volunteer; if they want to take on something extra, they should expect not to be compensated for it
Deciding on a project and whether there is something beyond our own skill set that we can compensate for is a 2-step process that takes place at our weekly meeting
-special skills/projects that we solicit is paid and agreed upon prior to soliciting that project

6. Language Day, Clothing Swap, Fire place Reno – Jocelyne (10 min)
Break – 10 min

7. Green Clubs Initiative / Green Officer position (7 min)
-Green clubs exist– workshops for getting green club status
-Green officer– Jocelyne? Caroline? Attend meeting once/month

8. GWTC joint project (5 min)
-Tabled for next week (Jillian not here).
-Get pads, tampons for Lunik
-First Aid kits should be visible and well stocked

9. Inventory System (15 min)
Meghan will work on inventory

10. Signage in Lunik (5 min)
Meghan and Jocelyne will work together on signage
font is courier new

11. Weekly Clean-ups, open and close and meeting schedule (5 min)
-break down clean-up into tasks; tasks will rotate, Brynn and Naz will make schedule and it will be cute

Future Meetings:
We’ll have meetings every Friday at 3:30 unless one person can’t make it– in that case, we’ll arrange a time that best suits everyone

12. Finance Policy/Meeting Results
We have all the funding we can get right now (one full year plus 25% of the second year). We have four more milestones that we need to meet (fairly simple) to get the other 25% from 2011-2012

office hours

closing clean up

Next chair: Jocelyne
Next meeting: Friday, September 19, 9:30 AM

 

Meeting Minutes – September 7, 2013

Meeting Minutes

Present: Jocelyne, Brynn, Meghan, Vicy, Caroline, Nazampal

1. Outside Commitments:

-naz: LSAT Oct 5th, Zine, radio
-Vicky: PT Job

-Brynn: PT Job

-Meghan: all course on Keele Campus

-Jocelyne: PT job, evening classes

2. email Caroline content for newsletter one week before

3. Decision to open kitchen from 11pm-3pm the week of Sept 16th. based on this week, hours will for the year will be decided in the following meeting.

4. Meghan on signing authority list.
Coordinators unanimously decide for a credit card with Alterna. Brynn will ask the board to draft a letter.

5. Board: Require new coordinators to be on the board.

6. Club’s Day Monday, 11-1pm. Brynn will be there. Naz to order from Sweets from the Earth

 

TASKS:

All: Review policies, constitution and by-laws; submit first person bio to Caroline; post class schedule on google docs; open and close schedule

Brynn: next student org roundtable info; following up on computer from IT; call Board Meetin

Vicky: condense policies into a volunteer handbook; meet with Brynn;

Naz: buttons, fridge lock, meet with Meghan, dividers, upload promo materials, call 1-800 Junk for the back room

Caroline: email labels, update web

Meghan: review last year’s budget; meet with Charmaine on Thursday.

Coordinators meeting – April 26th, 2013. 2pm

Meeting Minutes

Chair: Kaela
Secretary: Natalia  
Attending: the above, naz, sarah, wendi, brynn    

Moodchecks 

Garden planting party
Potluck
Potentially dates (watching weather), june 1 or may 18th
2pm-6
Treat bags haha
Music:
Allie Macdonald
Bluegrass band !
Brynn bringing her guitar
We want: Chocosol, Jacob morely kearland  

Policy review review
Went over meeting policy, safe space, membership, contract for summer, environmental, few changes made and in the google docs.
Contract for groups to be looked over and need to make a hiring policy – Brynn
Brynn will also translate the policies and website into french over the summer 🙂  

Lunik positions for next year:
Last day to apply is april 30 Lots of people applying and inquiring 🙂 What to do if no one applies for the financial coordinator position?
Auditor suggested hiring someone from the outside, ask darryl reed, if this occurs. Would prefer a student. Will consider if no one applies.

Dont say goodbye, say so long.

Meeting Friday, April 5

Meeting Minutes

Agenda

Chair: Natalia
Secretary: TBD

1. Mood checks – 5 min

2. Post-AGM review and follow ups – 10 min
-Separate meeting for vacancies filling- approve new board members in fall meeting
-Meeting will be in Sept
-Print out by-laws and sign,

3. Events from last week follow ups and upcoming events prep – 10min
Student Recruitment for
Transition Day: Incoming and Outgoing club leaders training day
April 12, 2013, 9am
Lunch in Lunik Co-op.
Get new board members to go and applying coordinators

4. Audit review – 10min
Draft Given: Qualified
New Auditor Needed

5. Pay – 5min

We have had an intense week with the AGM meetings and finals, lets have a short meeting and put non-essentials to next week.
Best of luck on all your end of year exams and assignments!

Meeting minutes – March 29th, 2013 >> 11am

Meeting Minutes

Chair: Kaela
Minutes: Natalia
Attending: naz, kaela, nat, brynn, sarah, wendi  
Via G+ web hangout

Mood checks  

Review of womyns night
Went really well, 10 ppl, good turnout, Cupcakes cookies, great dinner, great 2hour self defense instruction, discussion on rape culture,  women and weapons discussion, good final womyns night.
Check Democracy Now video on rape culture and on Democracy Now video on co-ops.

Review of meet the principle
Positive feedback on lunik and support. Not too many people came out.  

Hiring September coordinators
Positions are up. Application is up with 6 questions, some revisions have been made to certain questions. Video applications are no longer being accepted due to our desire to maintain anonymity.
Proposed that a Lunik coordinator be on the hiring committee with David and Aaron. Proposed: kaela. She will not be reapplying, all agree.  

AGM– Being held on April 2, 2013 >> 3pm
Biggest issue is promotion. All ask friends and volunteers. Push it in the weekly email. Post on our personal timelines every day. Tweet about it everyday. President, secretary, vice president, treasurer are up for reelection. Candidature spiels to be prepared.
Agenda is drafted.
Music: playlist and open mic. Promo this.
Schedule Agm 3-4:30. Potluck during agm.
Midday meal, samosas, slald, rice, cake, cupcakes…
Food ready beforehand so people can eat as the meeting progresses.
Email chris campbell and mike palamarek after this meeting. Birthday hats and balloons. Cake from My Market Bakery. Wendi to leave bank card at Lunik on monday.  

April’s policies
Keep it open as social space.
Review our current policies, hiring policy, etc.
Schedule, key in principles office.
Make a sign to encourage volunteers to sign up for april for opening.
After april 8, have space open with coffee and tea and as social space.  

Meeting ended 5pm.

Minutes for Lunik Meeting (March 22, 2013)

Meeting Minutes

Chair: Sarah
Secretary: Sarah (but Natalia to chair the next week’s meetings: Wednesday and Friday!)
Time: 11:20AM

*day started with an electricity crisis*

1. Check in’s and Updates (10 mins)

2. Future Lunik Positions (20 mins)
> Solidify criteria for summer positions
– current coordinators and next year’s coordinators make a list of things that need to be done over the summer (on Google docs)
– responsibilities for a summer coordinator (not finalized):
– organizing summer retreat for Lunik development
– organizing oordinators training
– conducting weekly space maintenance
– managing/supervising (?) summer contract jobs
– organizing clean-up for opening of next school year
– maintaining Lunik garden (more community garden-type, not a paid responsibility)
– Summer Coordinator = Brynn

> Solidify criteria for fall/winter
– mandatory requirement for applicants to have been involved in the space within the last 2 years
– list of positions and descriptions on Google Docs; each coordinator to review the doc and post any last questions
– to publish by Monday

> Hiring committee
– Aaron and David!

> Deadline to apply for 2013/14 school year positions = April 30
– Deadline for decision = May 15

2. Upcoming events (15 mins)
> Womyn’s Night (Thursday, March 28, 2013)
> Meet the Principal (Tuesday, March 26, 2013; 3PM)
– free coffee/tea for that session
> Review of Dinner
– was good

3. Lunik short term operations (10 mins)

> Operations schedule for April
– space open but kitchen closed during exam period (last day April 26)
– kitchen closes day before exam period begins (April 8)
– Google Calendar to go up for scheduling opening/closing responsibilities

> Current coordinator term end April 30, 2013
– still held responsible for next year’s coordinators training

4. AGM (20 mins)
> Agenda for the meeting
– Finalized agenda, powerpoint for the AGM to be on our Drive for: Tuesday, March 26, 2013
– Naz to make ballots for voting on constitution and board members
– Nat to make doc on Robert’s Rules
– Email detailing the AGM needs to go out prior to; include that people can apply for the board through |these| steps of nomination

> After party
– Everybody by this Wednesday confirm what they’re bringing for the potluck dinner
– late-night Tuesday
– talk to bands about performing

5. Pay (5 mins)

To-do list: 
– change signing authorities and maybe even banks (but after audit goes through and we receive the levy)
– delegating tasks for dinner-type events
– making a conscious effort to help people feel welcome and included
– Wednesday meeting is necessary!!!

Meeting Agenda March 15, 2013

Meeting Minutes

Check-ins/Updates

1. Review of Cafe Chantant and Womyn’s Night (10 mins)

– overall good vibes

– need improved protocol to enforce our group use policy

– new structure for how to schedule events in the space (eg. 10-4 is study space, 4-6 hang out, 6-8 priority for group events, discussion group circle groups)

2. Spring Equinox Dinner (15 mins)

– Natalia preparing a grocery list!!

– Need 4 volunteers prior to the dinner, at about 3pm; Brynn to send out email

– For the Community Garden: Meet at Lunik, 1pm on Wednesday. prepping seedlings!

– get good sharp knives for kitchen use

– Sarah to do Dinner tickets design, send to WenDi

– WenDi to put out an envelop of Dinner tickets on Monday morning

3. Event updates (10 mins)

– Womyn’s Night: discussion from 7-7:45, heading down to the GAC for self-defence class

– March 26th, 3pm

– Meet the Principal McRoberts at Lunik

– SASSL event happening next Friday

4. Next year’s coordinator positions (20 mins)

5. AGM (auditor, current updates) (20 mins)

– April 2, 2013 at 3pm

– Asking more profs about being on the Board of Directors next year

– Kaela to draft an email/notice to put on Glendon Annonce

– detailed program for AGM next week