Agenda for meeting
Chair of meeting: Wendi
Time: 11 AM
Wendi, Naz, Brynn, Kaela, Sarah, Natalia
1. Updates/mood check from each council (5 – 10mins)
(i) General/Kaela & Naz
- Mood: okay, a little stressed (Naz)
- spent time cleaning/organizing last night (Michelle will come and clean behind counter)
- will print out brochure for membership
- list of needed things (weekly?) – whiteboards on wall (Naz)
- Kaela will buy ink for printer
- back room has to be clean (can be done in an hr with everyone’s help) – create workspace/office
- OPERG will set up anti-oppression training (Friday during weekly meeting), Victoria/David will try to get conflict resolution
- Mood: a lot of stuff going on outside of Lunik, personal concerns, preoccupations (Kaela)
- Gus was good! Got lots of footage to edit and put together for website
- working on YUconnect (David will open up slot fo register)
- Mood: fine, frustrating emails, but keeping on top of things (Sarah)
- met with Aaron Doupe, how to deal with events – he wants to be more in the loop (cc to emails)
- Mood: sleep-deprived, not doing school work (Wendi)
- picked up binder/dividers for inventory (invoiced for that)
- updated financial spreadsheets on google doc (sales and thanksgiving event – need to update Gus’ event)
- met with Brynn and talked (helpful and felt better), and talked to Michelle
- too much talking one on one and not enough group discussion – more communication
- Mood: feel good after last two events, Lunik will be growing for decades, we are just starting, would like to help with volunteers, but think we’re doing well (Natalia)
- position is only two hours a week (including meetings, time is filled quickly) – would like to participate in discussions and be involved but trying to do necessary position things without doing too much
- emailed Blair and will set up meeting
- more feedback – what needs to be done?
- forward emails sent to the Lunik account
- Dominic left plunger, was supposed to come and snake it to really unclog, for now it is partially clogged – make sign? No food!
- Get big compost bin (green with wheels) – ask university (Natalia will ask Blair), if not buy from city or Home Depot
- Michelle to redo sign with garbage (match 7 principles sign) – for next semester, for now temporary not as fancy one
2. Recap on Gus at Lunik/General Promotion (20 mins)
– Turnout was good (around 20?)
– Would be great to use video/material gathered for website/media presence for Lunik, get photos printed out – good to emphasize: Lunik had our coffee farmer here! Buy our coffee!
– Need to do more of a campaign for getting people down here (one poster could be directly about cost) – big poster?
– Promotion not posters? – paperless = less trash, outside of school (Lawrence Station, bus stop), strengthen email list, tabling outside caf (free samples, price list comparison, ingredients list)
- Wendi make comparison posters, Natalia can sit at table, Kaela/Naz will organize, hopefully be ready for week after next
- graffitti: Aaron Doupe not concerned, will be removed with solvent, will create paper sign to go in the hallway – will be taken care of before Monday
- add art project with paper (swirls) around door in hallway, book art project on stairs (volunteer contributions = space becomes yours)
- chalkboard for people to doodle/create on
- Kaela will do chalkboard in the hall
3. Communication system for coordinators
- group message thread on facebook (easier to read than emails)
- Brynn: phone calls > texting, facebook > email
- Wendi: facebook and texting (not a phone call person – phone is on silent)
- Sarah: texting
- Naz: facebook and email (alarmed by phone calls)
- Kaela: phone calls (less miscommunication, faster information), but email and facebook are fine
- Natalia: texting is best or facebook (smartphone so personal gmails are fastest), shotty call reception
4. New system for volunteer sign up (15 mins)
- Doodle poll failed
- six coordinators = we look established, people feel less engaged?
- need to work on outreach: space is open, it’s a student coop – take ownership!
- list of project each week for people to get involved in (post here and on facebook – what we need help with)
- customers make their own espresso/lattes (picture of Gus on espresso machine?)
- send out art project info with doodle poll tonight
- clothing swap rack (creative way to display clothes: bike tire? tree?)
5. Inventory and clean up systems (15 mins)
- once a week, rotating coordinator duty: grab friends and tidy space
- inventory system: not matching – print out excel document
- volunteers need to do both
6. Upcoming events and preparations (15 mins)
- Benefit Concert: not part of a group (two students): raise money for independent theatre group they want to start, a small % of funds will be donated to charity, performances (music, poetry, comedy, etc.), have a drink and listen to music, relaxed environment, cc Aaron Doupe = Friday, November 16th, 7:30 (50-80 people aim)
- Haunted House: made an official ResLife event, not using kitchen (closing off kitchen?), apple-bobbing on terrace, costume contest, bake sale, can do event if pay for Lunik rep to be present (Michelle?) = Saturday, October 27th, 8:00-11:00
- Lionheart Productions: setup start at 7:00 pm, Rocky Horror Picture Show screening = Monday October 29th, 8:00-10:30
- Order of the Pheonix: end of the semester Yule Ball, end of the year Feast – ballroom better suited for Yule Ball?
- Brazil-Canada Reception: bartender and liquor = Monday October 15th, 7:00-9:00
- GRAS Smoothie and Game Night: social for group, kitchen for making smoothies, boxes of glasses in the back = Tuesday, October 16th, 5:00-9:00
- Friends of Glendon Photography Contest: move start of reception to 7:00 instead of 5:00, no microphone until after 8:00 – event can start at 6:00 with no mic = November 7, 6:00 – ?
7. Reminders? Comments?
- Everyone log your hours!!
NEXT MEETING WILL BE LIVESTREAMING!
8. Clean up Back Area